AUCTION OF PROMISES
An ‘Auction of Promises’ is a fantastic way of raising money to support the Mission!
Ask for ʻpromisesʼ from individuals and associated companies – and auction each ‘promise’ off! Everyone can get involved because every promise donated, no matter how small, can be sold with fervor by your ‘Auctioneer’. You could bake a cake, offer to walk someoneʼs dog, help with gardening or maybe even promise to be a ‘Slave for a Day!’ To fundraise a little more, you might even wish to think about charging a small auction entry fee!
WHERE DO I START?
- Select a date and a time for the auction to take place.
- Choose someone with a good sense of humour to be your ‘auctioneer’ for the day. The auctioneer’s role will be to call out the item, conduct a brief description of it and what it’s worth, then start the bidding. You will need several volunteers to collect the successful bidders’ details and money.
- Secure promises to auction. Make sure you have all your ‘promises’ well in advance of the event. For all donors, make sure they fill out a form which records the promiser’s name, phone number and email address. For example: ‘I am donating the promise of…’ with room for a description of the ‘promise’, how much it’s worth and any conditions.
- A week before the event, publish a numbered list of promises. You could publish this list online, make a poster or send out an email. For some of the more unusual promises, label them as ‘lucky dip’ promises and save them as a surprise to be revealed at the auction.
- Before the night, let the auctioneer examine the list so they are familiar with the promises, and can decide on how best to market them!
- Create a personalised fundraising page here! You can then share the link with your friends, family and colleagues. Every donation is recorded on your page with a message of support from your donors.
Need help? Call Sophie on 09 303 9261 or email her at email@example.com