Naku te rourou nau te rourou ka ora ai te iwi.
With your basket and my basket, the people will be well.
The Mission is adopting an international best practice model by developing a groundbreaking community facility to assist in solving chronic homelessness in Auckland. To support HomeGround – our new Mission Donate now
This integrated care approach originated in New York and is now running effectively in Canada and Australia.
Click here to view Brisbane’s model.
The plan is to redevelop our current site into a purpose-built housing and social services facility to expand our services:
- Delivering 80 supportive housing units that combine affordable housing with 24-hour security and services to help people with complex needs to live with stability, autonomy and dignity.
- Offering integrated social services with a fit-for-purpose crisis care facility so physical and mental healthcare and social services can be managed under one roof. A dental practice will also be available.
- Providing state-of-the-art detox services in conjunction with Auckland and Waitemata District Health Boards, increasing the service in central Auckland by 50% with space for 250 admissions and 1825 additional bed stays.
- Developing a new community commercial kitchen to prepare healthier meals and aid food distribution.
- And creating a much-needed central city public space offering life-enriching workshops including art, carving and drama classes with therapeutic effect as well as social events, conference facilities and social enterprise opportunities.
The total project cost is $90 million and we are actively working to fundraise the remaining $18 million.
Click here to view a recent story about our fundraising achievements. The aim is to have HomeGround completed by our centenary year in 2020.
“A community can flourish only when its most vulnerable are treated with compassion and dignity, and when effective methods and resources are applied to restore their mental and physical wellbeing. This is the purpose of HomeGround. We trust all Aucklanders will help us realise this vision.” —Chris Farrrelly, Auckland City Missioner
Please email our fundraising team here to support HomeGround – our new Mission